Thursday, February 05, 2009

Electric Elephant

The Walworth Road is fine for egg and chips (and you can chat to Frankie Fraser while you're eating them should you so wish), but it's not great for coffee. But now just off the Walworth you can get decent coffee, not to mention some reasonably priced fresh sandwiches and pastries, at the new Electric Elephant cafe. It's at 186a Crampton Street, open from 7:30 to 5:oo pm, Monday to Friday, 10 am to 3 pm on Saturday. If you go on a Thursday or Friday afternoon you could combine it with perusing the radical literature at 56a Info Shop and picking up some bargain veg at the Fareshares Food Co-op, also both on Crampton Street.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Transpont

Without sounding funny, I'd like to know more about why you often find yourself in/drawn towards Elephant and Walworth?

From your posts I'd say you live somewhere around New Cross, Telegraph Hill or Brockley.

The only times I've found myself in the Elephant are either to visit the excellent war museum, or, frankly, because I had to be there for some reason. Basically its not somewhere I'd choose to be.

But am I missing something?

. said...

The main focus of the blog is on the New Cross/Brockley/Deptford area where I spend most of my time, but I have lived, worked and played in many other parts of South London (including Brixton, Peckham, East Dulwich, Norwood and Elephant) so I do get around!

Headhunter said...

Talking of food on Walworth Rd, the Dragon Castle must be one of the best, authetic Chinese restaurants in London. It outshines most of the Chinatown offerings and if it were in west London somewhere it would be perpetually fully booked. It's also big and spacious, with lovely high ceilings. It almost feels like something you'd find in a fancy hotel in Hong Kong or Sinagpore.

. said...

Yes the food in the Dragon Castle is gorgeous.