Sunday, November 01, 2009
More on the Post Strike
From the Communication Workers Union:
'POSTAL WORKERS ARE FACING:
• Threats to job security – full time to part time and compulsory redundancies
• Unreasonable demands – being bullied to meet impossible work targets
• Cuts in pay – longer hours for nothing
THE PUBLIC IS FACING:
• Less reliable and later deliveries – a part-time workforce means a part-time service
• More delivery office closures – you may have to travel to pick up your mail
• Creeping privatisation – a business based on proﬁt only, not a service based on need'.
Support groups for the postal workers are being set up across London. Contacts for the local area include Greenwich (Rob Owen 07930 953265) and Lewisham/Brockley (07506 790733).
See also: Post Stike in SE London