Friday, February 17, 2012

Downtown Soulville/South London Soul Train

Determined as I am to actually do some more dancing this year, I am spoilt for choice on Saturday March 3rd with two great nights within walking distance of home.

Downtown Soulville is the occasional Northern Soul/Funk and (old skool) R'nB night at the Old Nun's Head, Nunhead Green SE15. I gather the last one was pretty busy. Details on facebook. Trouble is with Northern Soul once I've had a few drinks I imagine that I can actually do spins, flips and drops - and I shoudn't be allowed to try in a public place.


South London Soul Train is a regular event on the first Saturday of the month, held at the CLFArt Cafe in the Bussey Building in Peckham. Hosted by Jazz Head Chronic (DJ Mickey Smith), it offers funk/soul/rare groove and motown.


I think both events are free or as good as, so no excuse, get your dancing shoes on.


No comments: