Monday, February 29, 2016

Norman Jay at Bussey

Norman Jay is one of my all time favourite DJs, with deep roots in soul, disco and funk, through to soulful house and beyond. I've had some memorable nights and days dancing to him, most notably at his Good Times sound system at Notting Hill Carnival. I still miss his Sunday radio shows on BBC London, there are some tracks he used to play that whenever I hear them I immediately think 'Norman Jay'. In fact just now I was listening to 'Les Fleurs' by Minnie Riperton and I thought, oh that reminds me I must do a post about Norman playing in Peckham.

Yes, he's playing at South London Soul Train at the Bussey Building on Saturday April 2nd - the perfect DJ for this great club. Of course I should be going but... I'm running a half marathon the next morning. You all go ahead and enjoy yourselves.



No comments: