Friday, May 16, 2008

Kelly: South London is the Place to Be


Last Tuesday's South London Press mentioned that Kelly Rowland (Destiny's Child) had cut the ribbon at the opening of St Aubyn's Holistic Centre in Cleaver Street, Kennington. What's more she said "I'm told South London is the place to be and I am considering Battersea" (how about considering New Cross? There's a house for sale on my road that would suit a global r'n'b superstar).

I remember reading that Destiny's Child once rehearsed at the Husky studios in Amelia Street (up by the Elephant) - think they were getting ready for a TV appearance. In years of wandering up and down the Walworth Road though I have never bumped in Beyonce, Michelle or Kelly.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw Beyonce buying doner meat and chips once in the takeaway next to the Elephant shopping centre.

. said...

Seriously? I would have she would have sent out one of her people, but you never know. I would have preferred 'I saw Beyonce in Baldwins (Walworth Road vegetarian shop) buying a lentil curry' but you can't have it all.

Anonymous said...

Given your 'immigrants in Elephant' rant, it doesn't surprise me at all that you'd be a veggie!

. said...

I suppose if you bumped into Beyonce at the Elephant you'd demand the police check if her work visa was in order!

Anonymous said...

about a month ago there were a load of paps down amelia street claiming they were waiting for girls aloud. possibly using the same studios then? gosh.

Anonymous said...

if you check out the Husky site it does seem to be very well equipped and close to central London - they mention various big record company clients but are perhaps deliberately discrete about names of artists. The entrance is on Amelia Street just past the railway bridge, I have seen the odd stretch limo outside etc. By the way does anybody know what's currently being filmed in the area - there's been a film crew etc. based on the site of the former petrol station on Walworth Road for weeks (next to Kwikfit).