New book out now - click on image for more details, including where to get it

Monday, November 15, 2004

New Cross gigs

On Friday (19th November) it's LOST CLUB time at the Montague Arms (Queens Road, New Cross) with a line up including: Kn0wn (Jimmi Handricks and the New Cross heroes);
Twisted Charm (sounds from venus/mars); The Dirty Pins (northern fuck-off punk); Gosha Valentine (cyclic arts) and Spinmaster Plantpot (ranting poetry remedy against insomnia). It starts at 8 pm and costs £3 on the door(£ 2.50 with badge).

Then there's the launch party for Greenwich Pirate fanzine issue 2 on Monday 22nd November at the New Cross inn, 8 pm - 2am, and all the following for free: The Fucks
The HCD, Lovells Wharf and Bogus Gasman.

6 comments:

Scott Wood said...

The Lost club rocks but, betwen you and me, give Spinmaster Tosspot a miss. I've seen him time now and have always come away feeling, I don't know, a bit 'used' by the experience.

. said...

Well the Spinmaster never showed up, so I was unable to form an opinion. A good night though, The Dirty Pins in particular very entertaining in a punky Libertines kind of a way. Sharp DJ too, the record playing when I walked in was Blondie's X-Offender, which I love.

Scott Wood said...

We popped into the New X Inn last night for a quick drink and to check out the fresh-faced youth of New X. Missed The Fucks, sadly, but Bogus Gasman were a good and cheeky amalgam of ska-punk and 'Conflict' punk with other bits stuck on. A good fun band.

The band on after them, I didn't catch their name, wore hats, said 'Mamma!' in their songs and were a bit blokey.

Didn't see a single copy of the 'zine arond.

Scott Wood said...

We popped into the New X Inn last night for a quick drink and to check out the fresh-faced youth of New X. Missed The Fucks, sadly, but Bogus Gasman were a good and cheeky amalgam of ska-punk and 'Conflict' punk with other bits stuck on. A good fun band.

The band on after them, I didn't catch their name, wore hats, said 'Mamma!' in their songs and were a bit blokey.

Didn't see a single copy of the 'zine arond.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, man - Bogus Gasman kicked some ass. I missed the first bit of their act but the rest was just freewheeling and hilarious - an eclectic mix of some super-cool shit. Looking forward to some of their other stuff. The next band was all right, too - but I can't remember their name either.

peace

Anonymous said...

I think that may of been The Kut? www.thekut.co.uk - were they all girls?