Thursday, August 14, 2008

Artful Doings in Area 10

So I get an from a local wizard email telling me:

Psychological Art Circus are hosting 4 nights of live performance, music and installation. Please check www.psy.ac for program. doors open 8pm till late every night. £5 entrance

It's at Area 10 Project Space, Eagle Wharf Peckham Hill Street London SE15 5JT, starts today, 14th August until Sunday 18th August and the program lists theatrical and music performances that have peaked my curiosity.

'The Veil & the Husband's Tale' , 'Chicken, Egg, Laptop...' and 'Undercrown' all sound like intriguing theatrical pieces while there's a musical performance at then of each night, the quirky, jittery jazz of The London Snorkelling Team tickling me best in my more unorthodox places.

Most of the performances are repeated each night with a different musical ending, which seems a good idea. The whole event has the air of most art events I attend about it: I don't pretend to totally understand what's going on but it looks and sounds pretty good.

No comments: